- ½ cup Ancho Chile powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 ton of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1° back rack of beef ribs
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven 250°F (120°C).
- per small bowl until combined.
- Place meat side up on aluminum foil. Pierce the back of the rib rack several times with a knife.
- Generously apply dry flaky coating to all sides of rack of ribs.
- With the rack of ribs meat side down, fold the foil over to create an airtight seal. Transfer it to a skillet.
- Bake in a hot oven until set and cooked through, about 2 hours. Take it out and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 175°C.
- Open the foil and drain it, getting rid of any accumulated juices or fat. Brush BBQ sauce on all sides of the rack.
- Place meat side up on rack and back in oven, leaving foil open. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven, and spread another layer of BBQ sauce on just the side of the meat. Repeat baking and brushing with sauce 4 more times, for 50 minutes of baking.
- Slice the rack into individual short rib strips and serve with more BBQ sauce.