- 16 equal-sized mushrooms, stems cut level
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup soft unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced very fine
- 2 tsp of chop fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c fresh bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Lightly fry the mushrooms, with the lid down, in the hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan with the stems facing up.
- Mix butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and spices. Drizzle a little garlic butter over each mushroom, then gently press the bread crumbs on top. Refrigerate for later use or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.